I love baking, but I really hate cleaning up. So here is my new recipe for yummy Blondies that can be made using one mixing bowl. They are very quick to whip up and will be devoured even faster. I find that using salted almonds gives these brownies an extra edge, the salt balances the sweetness. You can also use this as a base recipe to add extra ingredients such as small marshmallows, fudge pieces or white chocolate, yum!
Nutella marbled blondies with salted almonds
1 cup light brown sugar
100g butter (salted)
5 ml vanilla essence
1 cup all purpose flour
5 ml baking powder
Handful of almonds
1/2 cup chocolate chips
30 ml Nutella (can be substituted with any nut butter or simply be left out)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Prepare a deep baking sheet (20cm x 20cm) by lining it with foil (shiny side up) and buttering all the sides.
2. Melt the butter in the microwave and allow to cool for about 10 minutes
3. Add the egg, sugar and vanilla essence and mix until the mixture looks smooth.
4. Add the flour and baking powder and mix with a wooden spoon. Do not over mix! The trick is using 10-12 strokes.
5. Stir in your chosen flavourings. I like to use chocolate chips, salted almonds, marshmallows or even turkish delight pieces.
6. Pour the batter into the baking sheet.
7. Add lines of nutella over the batter. Using a toothpick or the back or a teaspoon drag 4-5 horizontal lines through the nutella and batter to make a marbled pattern.
8. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.